WELCOME!

Welcome to my little slice of internet heaven! This is where I talk about things and products I know and love (or sometimes dislike)! See into what I am doing, watching, eating, wearing, and trying and what I think about it!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

eSutras Organics Golden Flax Seed Review


I have been trying to get my family to try new things and eat healthier. I figure every little bit helps! With that being said....I was actually very excited when I was chosen to review eSutras Organics Golden Flax Seed!

Flax seeds are an amazing natural product that have so many benefits when you add them to your diet! For example....
  • Lowered blood cholesterol levels
  • Gluten Free
  • Lowered high blood pressure
  • Increased energy, vitality, and stamina
  • Increased sense of calmness under stress
  • Reduced threat of blood clots
  • Protection against cancers, particularly hormone sensitive cancers such as breast and prostate
  • Better regulation of blood sugar levels
  • Eases inflammatory tissue conditions, including arthritis
  • Alleviation of dry skin, eczema and psoriasis
  • Enhanced immune system
  • Increased metabolic rate with a positive impact on weight management
  • Helps with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Natural laxative
Just to name a few! So when I got my flax seed I decided to try out a new recipe! I made a Blueberry Zucchini Bread (Recipe at the end of this post)! Let me just say.....this bread did NOT last long in my house and I made a 9x13 pan of it! Even my kids loved it!!! 

This flax seed made the perfect addition to my bread! You can purchase the flax seed that I used HERE for just $5.00 for an 8 Oz. bottle. A little flax seed goes a long way and so this bottle will last you quite a while. There are so many ways to add flax seed into your diet.....you can add it almost all cookie and bread recipes, sprinkle on your cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, etc.....add to smoothies.....and so many more uses! eSutras Organics Golden Flax Seeds are now a staple in my home! 


Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe:

Ingredients:
3 Cups All Purpose Flour                                        2 1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Teaspoon salt                                                       3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon baking soda                                           3 1/2 Cups shredded zucchini
1 teaspoon baking powder                                      1 Cup chopped walnuts
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon                                  1 pint fresh blueberries 
3 eggs                                                                     2 Tablespoons flax seeds
1 Cup Coconut Oil

Directions:
1. Grease one 9 x 13 pan (or two 8x4 pans). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F 
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. 
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in zucchini (do NOT press or drain the zucchini) and nuts until well combined. 
4. Sprinkle half of the flax seed over the top and then mix in well...sprinkle other half in and mix until well combined. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. 
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for at least 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and completely cool. Slice and ENJOY! 

Do you have any good recipes that include flax seed? Please share in the comments! 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment